Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Online photo print service in India

In USA and many other countries, online photo print services are quite an established business. But, recently I discovered a good quality service provider based out of Mumbai, India.

When I saw their mailer (e-mail) they said they would give 10 No.s 4x6 prints free. Yes, you read it correct - FREE!! I checked that they were based out of Mumbai and decided not to make any payment to them by credit card. They had option to pay cash at one shop located quite close to my office.

So, I went ahead and uploaded 10 best photos of my Kashmir tour and ordered the prints. They charged Rs.25/- plus tax as delivery charges. They sent a number through SMS to my mobile phone; went to the shop, made the cash payment and they issued a receipt of Rs.28/- or so. And within seconds I got SMS saying money was received and prints would be delivered in few days.

It did come - as promised to my place. My first and second impression about this service (http://www.zoomin.com/) is too good.

Today I got an offer saying if I order 1 photo mug, I get second mug free. I ordered 4 mugs with 4 Kashmir photos and fitting caption. All customised. This time I decided to pay through Credit card. This site has Thwate SSL certificate and after accepting my credit card details over a secure SSL connection; transferred control to my bank's website for another verification, and control came back to www.zoomin.com after verification. So, that's how the payment part got over without any problem.

Usability of website is too good to be from India. They allow unlimited photo uploads. You can create albums for private and public use. You can order prints not only on paper but on mugs, t-shirts, calenders etc. etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Resource for Second Wave

Initial part of this blog has resources useful for all of India. Later part is dedicated to resources for Mumbai city.